Homeopathic Treatment for Insomnia
Sleep is an important active process that helps our physical and mental well-being daily. Insomnia is a problem that is characterized by having little or no sleep over a period. It is also experienced in the form of an unrefreshing sleep, waking up more frequently than necessary. Sleeplessness is challenging and unpleasant experience which differs from
individual to individuals. It is caused by different factors, and these factors must be well investigated in other to get the right treatment for it.
Even though we all experience sleeplessness at one point in time, this is not necessarily insomnia. Some temporary cause of lack sleep includes stress and excessive intake of coffee, alcohol and even tea. Insomnia can be detected by one or more of the following; waking up frequently than necessary at night and finding it difficult to fall asleep after, difficulty to fall asleep, unrefreshing sleep and waking up too early from bed. When sleeplessness lingers, and it is characterized by low moods and irritability, it calls for proper care.
Sleep, being nature’s way of getting the body rejuvenated through the repair of body tissues and very essential for the stability of the nervous system, makes an inadequate or total lack of sleep dangerous to the body system.
Insomnia is classified into three categories which include Transient, Intermittent and chronic insomnia. Transient insomnia is short-term sleeplessness trait while intermittent goes on and off. Chronic insomnia is often as a result physical or mental trauma. Physical causes such as nights pains experienced due to illness such as arthritis, Parkinson’s disease, kidney and heart disease could be responsible. Mental trauma such as depression is a major factor for insomnia. These and many other factors can be responsible for insomnia in different individuals, and it requires detailed investigation to determine the best treatment each person.
Homeopathic Medicines for Insomnia
In a bid to induce sleep, drugs are administered to people, but this does not permanently take care of the cause of sleeplessness but rather a temporary fix that requires a continuous intake of such drugs eventually leading to addiction. On the other hand, the Homeopathic method of treatment remains a better alternative because it is natural and its application is safe.
Homeopathic treatment is administered in treating insomnia through the use of a medicine called coffee cruda by name made from coffee beans. A tiny dose of coffee cruda is given to patients in a bid to make the body’s sleep regulatory mechanism efficient. A large dose of coffee cruda, when taken by a healthy person, will cause sleeplessness, but a small dose as accurately prescribed will be a natural treatment for insomnia. This coffee cruda is suitable for insomnia resulting from excessive mind boggling thoughts or ideas.
Another drug that is used for abuse of substance related sleeplessness is Nux Vomica. When a substance such alcohol, coffee and excessive smoking is the determined as the cause of insomnia, Nux Vomica is used for the treatment.
Proper evaluation of the underlying cause of insomnia is needed to determine the best treatment for a particular individual. Not all treatment require drugs as sometimes a few changes in people’s lifestyle can be all that is needed. This makes it imperative for patients to be properly treated by qualified professional.
Here are a few habits that will guarantee a healthy sleep
- Disconnect from all social networking activities 1 hour before going to bed.
- Make regular exercise a habit, and it is best at 5-6 hours before bedtime.
- Set a schedule to be followed daily for sleep. A consistent sleeping time can help fight insomnia.
- Avoid consuming anything that contains alcohol, nicotine, caffeine and chocolate especially at evening hours.
- Avoid drinking milk before bedtime as milk supplies your body more Tryptophan.
- Activities such as taking a bath, listening to music, reading just before bedtime will ensure you are relaxed before bedtime. Ensure to make it a daily habit.
- Allow sunlight to enter your room, waking you up each morning. Sunlight will help your body each day.
- Don’t eat later than 8 pm daily.
- Don’t struggle to find sleep by staying awake in bed. If you find yourself unable to sleep after 30 minutes of lying in bed, get up and get yourself engaged with something else until you begin to feel sleepy.
- Remove clock from your room and your reach