Homeopathic treatment for asthma and bronchitis
Asthma and Bronchitis are chronic respiratory disorders. There are different symptoms as well as cures for these two different disorders. In this article, we shall see the individual symptoms as well as homeopathic cures for both asthma and bronchitis.
Homeopathy is an alternative and holistic method of treatment. Homeopathy attempts to go to the root of the disease and cure the patient instead of relieving and curing the symptoms. In this way, the chance of a relapse of the disease is minimal. A patient can expect a complete cure for an ailment.
Before going into the details of the homeopathic cures, we need a brief understanding of the ailments (Asthma and Bronchitis).
The characteristics and pathology of asthma are:
- Chronic Inflammation or allergic reaction of the airways in the lungs with a significant obstruction
- Deficiency of the mucous production
- Spasm of the bronchi
The symptoms of asthma are as follows:
- Wheezing in the chest
- Difficulty in breathing
- Excessive coughing
- Sense of heaviness in the chest
- Aggravation of the problem while walking or climbing stairs, at night time, in a bed, in the environment with high humidity.
Homeopathic treatment for asthma:
There are many medicines in homeopathy for asthma in both acute as well as chronic phases of the disease. The top five medicines for asthma are:
- Arsenic Album: Patient feels extreme restlessness and anxiety while suffering from asthma. This individual would find it difficult to sit or sleep in a comfortable position. Arsenic Album aims to rectify this aspect primarily.
- Ipecacuanha: When episodes of asthma accompanied with nausea and vomiting, Ipecac is one of best remedies. Homeopaths can find such symptoms in children and adults who are a little overweight and puffy.
- Antimonium Tartaricum: An individual that is suffering from asthma sometimes experience a rattling kind of a cough. This patient may often feel a burning sensation in the chest. If these symptoms exist Antimonium Tartaricum is one medicine capable of giving a fast relief.
- Nux Vomica: Usually Nux patient experiences gastric disturbances accompanying asthma. Nux Vomica is one good medicine to cure these gastric imbalances.
- Carbo Vegetabilis: When an acute attack of asthma can cause the face to become bluish due to lack of sufficient oxygenated blood. Carbo Vegetabilis is the best homeopathic medicine to cure such types of symptoms.
The characteristics and mechanism of bronchitis are as follows:
- Inflammation of the bronchial tubes in the lungs
- This is a bacterial or a viral infection
- Irritation of the mucous membrane causing narrowing of the airways
- Collection of mucous in the lungs
The symptoms of bronchitis are as below:
- Persistent cough
- Production of mucus or sputum
- Shortness of breath
Homeopathic treatment for Bronchitis:
Homeopathy is very effective in curing bronchitis. The five most effective homeopathic medicines for bronchitis are:
- Arsenic Album: Due to the similarity in symptoms and characteristics of bronchitis and asthma, Arsenic Album is the perfect cure for the both ailments. Arsenic works especially good when severe weakness accompanies bronchitis.
- Bryonia: When bronchitis or asthma are associated with the great degree of thirst, Bryonia is the most effective medicine. Bryonia patient experiences chest pain and headache during coughing attacks.
- Pulsatilla: Less thirst along with an expectoration of greenish or yellowish mucous speaks in favor of this remedy. However, considering the constitutional philosophy in homeopathy, I would prescribe Pulsatilla only to women, who are missing periods time to time and if they have menstruation the bleeding is very light. These women are very sensitive and have tendency to cry for almost no reason (movie, book, music, etc.)
- Antimonium Tartaricum: Great treatment for both Asthma and bronchitis if accompanied with a rattling cough. In those cases, Antimonium Tartaricum can bring an immediate to a patient.
- Hepar Sulphur: The main enemy of bronchitis is the cold weather. In case the weather changes to an uncomfortable level of chillness, a homeopath can see an increase in the discomfort that the patient is experiencing. Hepar Sulph is one such medicine capable of providing immediate relief under such circumstances.
There are a lot of common symptoms as well as homeopathic remedies for both asthma and bronchitis. Both these ailments require medical supervision and individualized approach. A patient should always consult a homeopathic physician prior to taking homeopathic medicines. There are different homeopathic medicines for different symptoms of asthma and bronchitis. Also, a well-trained homeopath would administer different medicines for different patients with similar symptoms.
It is very important to choose the best homeopath for your treatment. Homeopathy is not a simple science – it is kind of art and medical license for a homeopathic practitioner is only a permission for work, but not the proof of qualification. When choosing a practitioner for your treatment, make sure that the homeopath you are visiting graduated the respectful school and had trained by the best instructors.
Avoid homeopathic practitioners that administer homeopathic formulas (Heel, Guna, etc.)
At Philadelphia Homeopathic Clinic you can find answers to all your questions.
Victor Tsan, MD graduated the most famous school in the world – The Academy of Classical Homeopathy and acquired his knowledge from the most famous homeopath alive George Vitoulcas.