Pathophysiology of Acne and acne treatment strategies.
Acne treatment is always a popular subject in medical journals and women’s magazines. Acne is a broad term for different skin rashes like pimples and deeper pustules, which are clogging pores. In some instances, when the process goes too deep into the skin, acne leaves permanent scars.
Acne is an inflammation of the sebaceous glands as well as hair follicles. This skin disorder usually affects young people during puberty (it is usually between the ages of 10-11 and 24-25 years). While in puberty human’s body produces the uncommonly high level of sex hormones. This upsurge of hormones subsequently happens in both girls’ and boys’ organisms and results in the creation of enormous amounts of sebum (an oily product of the sebaceous glands). This oily component irritates and clogs the pores resulting in blemishes that get infected and convert into boils. Usually after puberty, the level of hormones diminishes however in woman’s body the upsurges of progesterone may happen on a monthly basis after ovulation and as a result, this hormonal “spike” initiates flair up of premenstrual acne.
Acne is a skin ailment that impacts oil glands and hair follicles.
The particular reason for acne is unidentified; however, there are several associated processes that may cause the development of acne.
- Physiological cycles that normally change hormonal production (menstrual cycles, puberty, etc.) hypothetically are accountable;
- Increase of the level of male sex hormone androgens stimulates the production of the sebum by the enlarged sebaceous glands;
- The Same upsurge of progesterone during pregnancy can stimulate acne development;
- Inheritance or genetics is another factor that causes acne. Scientists accept as true that the predisposition for acne may be genetic and may come from either parents or even previous generations;
- Buildup of dead epidermal cells may clog pores and stimulate acne;
- The body becomes allergic to microorganisms that develop colonies in the skin pores;
- Skin injuries, scratches or irritations may activate the inflammation of hair follicles;
- Taking birth control pills changes the hormonal balance;
- Some pharmaceutical drugs;
- Some kind of cosmetics and makeup.
Acne is a comprehensive term that includes different forms of skin rashes. The list of the skin disorders that fall under the term Acne includes:
- Acne vulgaris: usually initiated prior to or during puberty, most common localization – face, shoulders, chest;
- Acne rosacea: A red skin elements mainly on the skin of the face;
- Acne keloidalis nuchae: Acne as a result of shaving with blades;
- Acne conglobate Chronic carbuncles initiated in sweat glands; most common localization – underarms, buttocks, and groin;
- Acne fulminant: The most aggressive form of acne conglobate;
- Acne cosmetic: Skin rash as a result of the use of some type of cosmetics;
- Acne medicamentosa: Acne appears at the beginning of ending of taking some pharmaceutical drugs.
Homeopathic medicine approaches acne treatment using “like cures like” philosophy. It heals the individual as a whole system rather than particular skin elements and rashes. Homeopathic acne treatment process centers on the individual as a person that has its individual physical and emotional properties as well as on patient’s pathological state. That’s why homeopathic remedies are carefully chosen as a result of complete medical and psychological assessment along with case analysis. The assessment always takes account of medical history, somatic, psychological, and constitutional signs, the miasmatic tendency (predisposition/susceptibility), etc.
Homeopathic acne treatment.
The remedies for acne treatment listed below point to the therapeutic similarity; however, it is not a comprehensive and certain instruction for homeopathic acne healing.
Moreover, the symptoms shown for each remedy not necessary unswervingly linked to acne since in homeopathic medicine both wide-ranging symptoms and constitutional signs are taken into consideration for picking the right medicine.
It is probably the medicine that most commonly designated for acne treatment and other skin problems, especially in chronic form. In order to prescribe Sulphur, homeopath should find the skin bumpy and firm. This acne patient will complain about constipations. Patients who benefit from Sulphur feel aggravation from water and that’s why they prefer to avoid washing face and taking a shower.
Other indications for Sulfur are pale face with cloying color, hot, dotted irritation, and wide-open black pores. The Itching in Sulphur patients usually intensifies in the late afternoon hours. It’s also become worse from warmth. The Acne punctata is the form of this skin disorder that most closely links to Sulphur.
It is one more beneficial homeopathic medicine for acne treatment, mainly in females with light and short menstruation and unbalanced blood circulation, with areas of stagnation. Other homeopathic medicines for acne that develops as a result of woman’s sexual hormonal misbalance are Calcarea carbonica and Aurum Muriaticum.
Acne that would yield to this remedy located on a face, front and sides of the neck and upper shoulders.
We often see acne in patients who have been treated with high doses of bromides due to epilepsy. Kali Bromatum is most similar to Acne simplex and Acne indurata, and mainly in hyper-aesthetic females. Other symptoms that link Kali Bromatum to acne patient are:
- Face is reddened;
- Pustules Acne on a face;
- Intellectual deficiency – significant memory loss, melancholia;
- Numbness of the mucous and skin;
- Suicidal desires, tremulousness;
- Skin rash main localization: face, upper shoulders, and chest.
As per Dr. J.H. Clarke, “In instances of a vulgar form of acne Kali Bromatum 30C is the most useful and efficient.”
This remedy requires very specific symptoms and generalities:
The Antimonium crudum acnes are always in a form of small pustules
- Acne in patients with alcohol addiction and stomach disorders,
- The patient is dehydrated with white-coated tongue.
- Face with depressed appearance, agitated, annoyed and grumpy;
- Antimonium crudum patient cries when looks, washes or touches acne.
- These patients are also euphoric, pensive, and emotional.
Stubborn medical cases of acne, with a predisposition to pustulation, are curable with Antimonium Tartaricum.
This famous homeopathic remedy pinpoints its power mainly to sebaceous glands and is a very beneficial medicine in acne treatment clinic.
To select Natrum Muriaticum homeopathic physician must focus particularly on the individual’s constitutional signs. Personality, temper, propensities and other common signs are much more significant than the simple topical symptoms.
This remedy is best suited for Acne Rosacea. Rawness and whiteness of the skin replace each other. In Belladonna patients, skin is dehydrated, hot, inflated and puffy. Pustules mainly localized a skin of a face. A face suddenly turns red and then suddenly pale. Belladonna patients are usually overweight, with blond hair, blue eyes. Their intellectual level is above average. Hahnemann in his Materia Medica mentioned that Belladonna doesn’t work on patients with low IQ. Also, all symptoms in Belladonna patients are acute and they happen unexpectedly
There are many more homeopathic remedies that are effective for different forms of acne if used based on “like cures like” principals.
Routine hygienic procedures along with homeopathic acne treatment
Along with the use of homeopathic remedies, personal hygiene is very important for fast and effective acne treatment. I recommend to my patients the following hygienic procedures:
- Gently rinse the skin of the face using most mild cleansing products at least twice a day and after any activities that may cause It is essential to wash hair on a regular basis. If hair is oily, wash them more often. Rinse your face with plain water 5-6 times a day.
- Do not scrub and touch skin lacerations. Scrubbing and touching increase blood circulations and gives a vehicle for bacteria to travel around your body.
- Any actions on blemishes (squeezing, picking, punching), especially without the use of sterile materials, may result in advance of infection and further progress of scars or dark marks.
- Careful shaving is very important. Both blades and electric shaver may cause symptoms deterioration.
- Be careful when selecting the right cosmetics products. Read reviews about each product you are planning to use. Avoid cosmetic products that contain any scrubbing ingredients
If common hygienic procedures and over-the-counter creams have not accomplished good result after a few months and skin elements still present or became even worse, contact your family doctor, dermatologist or homeopath.
Acne treatment at Philadelphia Homeopathic Clinic
Here at Philadelphia Homeopathic Clinic, Doctor Tsan and associates have academical and clinical experience in acne treatment. For many acne patients homeopathic medicine becomes the last resort and believe it or not, but at the same time – the best one. It’s a well-known fact that homeopathic medicine does not heal, it cures if structural changes in the body parts and internal organs are recoverable. The early the homeopathic acne treatment starts, the better is prognosis for a complete recovery without residual scars and blemishes.
For additional information about skin health and skin problems visit https://www.thankyourskin.com/