BRONCHITIS AND BRONCHIAL ASTHMA
Bronchial Asthma and Asthmatic Bronchitis are respiratory diseases that cause the inflammation of the bronchial tube, and as a result of this, less air is allowed to flow in and out of the lungs. It is characterized by the presence of thick mucus in the bronchi and phlegm is coughed up often.
There are two types of bronchitis, namely acute bronchitis, and chronic bronchitis. Acute bronchitis is usually caused by viral or bacterial infection while chronic bronchitis is As a result of constant irritation of the bronchial tubes linings often triggered by exposure to air pollutants or different forms of smoke.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF BRONCHITIS
The visible signs of bronchitis are a cough, shortness of breath, chest discomfort, fatigue, and fever. A cough comes with yellow or green mucus that is produced in a large amount causing the discomfort in the airways. Not all mucus produced is as a result of bronchitis. Moderate amount of clear-colored mucus produced in our throats on a daily basis and this secretion regularly swallowed with saliva. When bronchitis sets in, it starts with the inflammation of the bronchial tubes and followed by excessive secretion of colored mucus, irritating the bronchial tubes and causing coughs.
Homeopathic Treatment of Bronchitis
Homeopathy provides a great relief to the discomfort caused by bronchitis, and it is safer because it is a natural treatment technique. This treatment involves the improvement of the body’s immune system to be able to adapt and fight infections without the use of antibiotics.
Homeopathic medicine helps in reducing the length of an acute bronchitis attack and toxicity. This is achieved by administering homeopathic drugs that must be taken to prescription. Chronic bronchitis also can be tamed with the right homeopathic drug, and it can also help smokers quits smoking.
Homeopathic treatment is safe and has no side effect. It also prevents other complication that is related to bronchitis such as respiratory failure, pneumonia, heart failure, etc. The treatment can be administered to any patient of any age bracket making it the perfect treatment.
Bronchial asthma popularly known as asthma is a disease of the bronchial tubes characterized by the narrowing of the air passage in and out of the lungs, making breathing difficult. The difference between bronchial asthma and bronchitis despite their similarity is that is triggered by a certain allergen such as molds spores, dusts feathers, pollen, drugs and maybe surprisingly, certain foods. These substances trigger asthma, and it may differ from individual to individual. Asthma also has genetic roots as it can be hereditary and also thrive in certain seasons
Other factors that can trigger an asthma attack include stress, which can be emotional or psychological, and a change in season, substance exposure at the place of work, etc. An asthma patient is required to undergo an allergy test to ascertain the factor(s) responsible for an attack.
Homeopathic Treatment for Bronchial Asthma
Here are some common treatments for these respiratory illnesses:
- Cactus Grandiflorus– for the treatment of shortness of breath and chest discomfort clearing out all cardiac infection
- Sambucus Nigra – for the treatment of babies and children with asthma.
- Lachesis – to treat attacks that come up when asleep or early in the morning.
- Kalium Bichromicum – helps in the reduction in the excessive secretion of mucus.
- Antimonium Tartaricum – treats Symptoms such as shortness of breath, spasmodic coughing, asphyxiation, and difficulty breathing.
- Kalium Carbonica – addresses attacks triggered by emotional stress.
- Phosphorus – treats asthma caused by sudden change in weather temperature.
- Caladium – treats asthma caused by smoking.
- Squilla – treats asthma characterized by involuntary urination.
- Bryonia – gives pains in the chest caused by coughs.
- Ignatia – calms a nervous bronchial asthma.
- Moschus – treats asthma caused by nervousness accompanied by dyspnoea.
- Mercurius Solubilis – relieves night attacks of breathlessness.
- Pertussin – treats symptoms of a whooping cough.
- Sulfur – recommended when this disease accompanied with gout.
- Cuprum Metallicum – treats this illness in cases when it leaves patient suffocating and unconscious.
- Ipecacuanha – relieves the nauseating feeling that comes with a dry, spasmodic cough.
- Thuja – recommended asthma triggered by vaccination.
RECOMMENDED DIETS AND EATING PRACTICE
- Avoid artificial colors or chemicals in food.
- Wash fruits and vegetables to be eaten very well and with hydrogen peroxide if available.
- Avoid foods rich in saturated fats.
- Avoid frequent exposure to allergens.
- Stick to a gluten-free diet.
- Eat of natural things such as leafy, dark green vegetables, legumes, seeds and whole grains.
- Drink plenty of fluids especially water.
- Stop smoking if you do and avoid secondary smoking
Both bronchitis and bronchial asthma are serious diseases and require professional attention. However, if these illnesses are taken in control at the earlier stages in many cases, a complete cure is expected.
Usually, Dr. Tsan at the Philadelphia Homeopathic clinic treats respiratory ailments with the combination of acupuncture and homeopathic medicines thoroughly selected based on the homeopathic constitution of each particular patient.