What is anemia?
Anemia is a medical condition when the level of concentration of hemoglobin in the bloodstream falls below average. It can happen in if the number of the Red Blood Cells decreases or when the quantity of hemoglobin in each RBC falls below average. Both of these forms of anemia may develop as a result of different initiating factors. For example, a decrease in the number of RBC may follow a severe bleeding (menstrual bleeding, trauma, labor, and delivery, etc.). In those cases, a body losing RBCs and it needs some substantial time to produce new. Also, this form of anemia may happen if bone mare does not produce enough RBCs and this is usually a sign of some malignant blood disease. From another hand, lower than normal concentration of hemoglobin in each RBC (erythrocytes) often happens in response to a deficit of some essential chemicals in the human body. Hemoglobin is the pigment that makes RBC red. It works as a vehicle for oxygen in our body.
Different types of anemia.
There are numerous of the various types of deficiency based anemias, and the most common forms are:
- Methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12);
- Folic acid (Vitamin B9) deficiency.
- Ascorbic acid aka Vitamin C deficiency
- Vitamin E aka d-alpha-tocopherol and Pyridoxine (Vitamin B-6) deficiency
- Excessive Alcohol Consumption
- Lead Toxicity
- Chronic Infectious illnesses
Except the above-listed deficiencies, a decrease of hemoglobin concentration in the blood stream can be a result of some chronic medical conditions such as pregnancy, stomach ulcer, and drug addiction, some viral and bacterial infections, etc.
Each form of anemia has its symptoms and patients report dissimilar complaints depending on a type of hemoglobin deficiency.
The signs of iron deficient anemia are:
- Pale skin, especially on face;
- Low energy;
- Chest pains in most complicated cases;
- Dyspnea when the level of hemoglobin is very low;
- Rapid and irregular beating of the heart;
- Blood Hypotension.
The symptoms of Methylcobalamin (vitamin B12) deficiency are different and include:
- Yellow staining of the skin and sclera (the whites of the eyes) by abnormally high blood levels of the bile pigment bilirubin. The yellowing extends to other tissues and body fluids
- Numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- Equilibrium difficulties
- Personality changes and depression
Eight do and don’t if you suffer from Anemia:
- Comprise the ingredients suggested for a particular type of your anemia.
- Take into consideration the ingredients in your foods and make sure that your meal is a good source of iron, Vitamin C, and B-vitamins. For more information use On-Line Holistic Nutrition database.
- Avoid coffee, tea, beer or soda during your meals because these drinks prevent iron digestion. As an alternative, drink orange, lemon, and lime juices. High concentration of Ascorbic Acid supports the iron absorption.
- Take multivitamins on a daily basis.
- Do not consume any additional iron dietary supplements unless prescribed by your attending physician.
- I usually recommend to my patients one glass of dry red wine every day during dinner.
- Vegetarians must watch their diet very thoroughly to make sure they are consuming enough of proteins to build blood cells.
- Quit smoking.
- Reduce if possible your contact with toxic products such as cadmium, mercury, etc.
Homeopathic treatment for anemia.
Homeopathic medicine has a dozen or more remedies, which may benefit in curing anemia.
Ferrum metallicum [Ferr]
Iron is a recognized allopathic dietary supplement for anemia. At the same time homeopathically prepared iron is beneficial for anemia related to iron deficiency. However, as always in homeopathy, this remedy is not universal for all forms of iron deficiency anemias and cautious personalization is essential.
If an individual has a look of full bloodedness or overabundance tailed by pallor or grayish of the skin of the face and swollenness of the limbs, then Ferrum is the remedy of choice. Ferrum metallicum is not the appropriate medicine for the anemia caused by loss of internal body juices (blood, lymph, etc.). For those forms of anemia, we prefer either Cinchona or maybe Natrum Muriaticum. In cases for Ferrum, the mucous tissues are pale.
Pulsatilla is the perfect antidote for “Iron overdose”, and therefore point to the conditions caused by excessive and persistent consumption of this ingredient. The Pulsatilla patient always feels chilly and suffers from stomach and menstrual disorders. Therefore, Pulsatilla should be prescribed either to women with very light and missing periods or to men that look and behaves like a woman and has anemia.
Calcarea carbonica [Calc]
Calcarea is a constitutional remedy and may be beneficial for any anemia if constitution wise it is similar to the particular patient. In the case of constitutional treatment, we don’t pay too much attention to the symptoms of anemia, but more to the appearance and behavior of the individual. Calcarea carbonica patients are usually puffy and overweight because they suffer from hypothyroidism. Their head is usually large. These people have a craving for eggs and don’t like and don’t drink milk. They are sweating during the night.
Arsenicum Album [Ars]
In a therapeutic dose, Arsenicum Album is a toxin that destroys the red blood cells. That’s why this famous homeopathic remedy is #1 for toxic forms of anemia or pernicious anemia. Or in anemias due to a malarial or toxic influence. Dr. Blackly testified about six patients with pernicious anemia successfully cured with the homeopathic dilution of this remedy. Arsenicum Album is not useful for the treatment of the simple forms of anemia. The constitutional signs for this remedy are:
- Unnecessary prostration;
- Significant swollenness;
- Forceful and unbalanced heart rhythm;
- Craving for acids and alcohol;
- Thrilling anxiety and skinniness;
- Irritable stomach;
- Intense thirst.
Helonias is the exceptional homeopathic medication for anemia and chlorosis. Helonias is most appropriate in cases of anemia from lengthy hemorrhages, especially in females. These women are “too exhausted to fall asleep” and they experience burning aches in muscles all over the body. The primary characteristic modality for Helonias is that these patients feel better when they can engage an attention to their condition. Of course, these patients (usually women) feel better when examined by a physician in the office. The typical anemia related to this homeopathic remedy has anamnesis of instabilities in the urinary and reproductive systems. “Exhausted, fatigued and anemic women need Helonias for perfect, safe and efficient cure”, professor E. G. Jones said.
Natrum Muriaticum is one of the best homeopathic medicines in the anemia clinic. Natrum Muriaticum patients are pale, and, in regardless of the normal appetite, they are pathologically skinny. These patients (mostly women) experience episodes of throbbing headache and associated with dyspnea. The general characteristic modality for Natrum Muriaticum is that these patients feel worse when they are going upstairs.
Homeopathic formula for anemia treatment.
Fe-min tablets represent a homeopathic formula – a combination of a few different homeopathic remedies for anemia. This formula is an excellent homeopathic remedy for the lack of hemoglobin in the blood stream – harmless and efficient. Fe-min combination delivers a cure for iron deficiency anemia. It rapidly increases the level of iron in the bloodstream.
The main ingredients of Fe-min tablets are:
- Ferrum phosphoricum delivers natural iron to the system and aids in the manufacturing of RBC and hemoglobin. Ferrum phosphoricum is a perfect homeopathic medicine for individuals who feel fragile and drained due to losing iron from the organism as a result of chronic diseases, hemorrhages or as a result of insufficient iron absorption from food.
- Kali Phosphoricum is a different beneficial homeopathic drug for the iron deficiency forms of anemia. Kali Phosphoricum supports nerves’ reinforcing, heals migraines and dizziness.
- Calcarea phosphoricum improves the functionality of the bone mares fights faintness, paleness, and enervation that resulted from the iron deficiency.
- Calcarea fluorica enhances the internal energy and assists to upsurge the iron absorption of into the bloodstream. Calcarea fluorica declines the signs of anemia by improving the fabrication of hemoglobin.
It is essential to discover the particular grounds of anemia and eliminate any dietary shortages. In a majority of clinical cases, it is the gastrointestinal and assimilative ability of the individual that results in anemia. Nutritional deficit happens rare nowadays. Homeopathic remedies efficiently fix such disorders in the organism, and the system begins adapting the food. Thus, essential ingredients from become appropriately consumed respectively improving body functions that require these nutrients. Therefore, the body heals itself and cures the anemia naturally.
Anemia treatment by Doctor Tsan
At the Philadelphia Homeopathic Clinic Victor Tsan, MD and his associates cure different forms of anemia using a combination of varies holistic techniques including homeopathy, acupuncture, and medicinal herbs.
To make an appointment for the initial FREE consultation and discuss with Dr. Tsan if alternative medicine is a good treatment option for you contact our office or use our on-line scheduling system.